The New North Education Initiative (NNEI) is a collaborative partnership between Dianella Secondary College, Balga, Eastern Hills, Girrawheen and Morley Senior High Schools within the North Metropolitan Education Region. This unique partnership provides enhanced opportunities for students, and the best of educational delivery for young adult learning. This alliance enables students at these schools to access a wider breadth of Senior School curriculum choices with specialist teachers, while remaining attached to their home school campus and is in response to community demands for excellence in education.
NNEI – Purpose
– Enhanced curriculum breadth
– Comprehensive academic stream offerings
– Promotion of excellence in local schools
– Development of successful programs in local schools
– State of the art Vocational Education and Training options
– Access to three Trade Training Centres
– Quality professional development for teaching staff
– Close and active engagement with primary schools
- Strong, shared community links
The shared, cooperative curriculum delivery across five sites has attracted considerable local and state wide interest. Student achievement has improved through this alliance by enabling students at NNEI schools access to Senior Secondary Schooling curriculum choices beyond the limits of what is offered at their home school. Currently 100 students travel between schools to access courses of their choice.
Click on the NNEI icon below to access the website to see more information –