The Eastern Hills Senior High School Parents and Citizens Association provides a forum where anyone interested in the welfare of students attending our school can meet to discuss educational issues.
We operate under the guidance of the Western Australian Council of State School Organisations Inc. (WACSSO), being the peak body representing parents of public school children in Western Australia.
The Objects of the Association are to promote the interests of Eastern Hills Senior High School through:
- cooperation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community;
- assisting in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities for the school;
- the fostering of community interest in educational matters.
The Parents and Citizens Association:
- gives parents/guardians an opportunity to learn about the school’s policies and programs;
- organises ways in which parents/guardians can share in shaping and developing school policies;
- brings parents/guardians together to share information and views;
- assists the school in building positive attitudes to students and their families;
- helps raise funds to provide extra resources; and
- provides up to $6500 annually towards of citizenship awards and scholarship programs.
Over the last 5 years the Eastern Hills Senior High School Parents and Citizens Association was successful in securing the following funds for the school:
- Funding for school horticulture program $4,000 – incudes $2,000 grant from Mundaring Shire
- Raised $2,100 for school library furniture from Bunnings Sausage Sizzle fundraiser
- Secured a community improvement fund grant for $20,000 from the State Government to fund improvements to the school library
- Purchased 6 new shaded outdoor settings for students worth $25 000
- $17,000 Funding for upgrades to Hospitality kitchen to a commercial grade so able to run a Cert III course in Hospitality
- $2,500 to set up yarning circle
- $4,000 to purchase virtual babies with $2,000 of this being from a matching grant
- $3,000 to supply new sports uniforms for speciality sports
Eastern Hills Senior High School Parents and Citizens Association meets on the third Wednesday of each month in the high school staff room.
Meetings run from 7.30pm – 9.00pm
Our monthly meetings run from February to November (excluding school holidays). With our annual general meeting held every February.
We welcome and encourage all families to participate in our meetings and activities.